farewell, f_minor

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed May 15 13:56:05 MDT 2024

Hi Mary Jo (and all) -

Thanks for all the kind words.

    desperately want to archive the entirety of the digest on
    archive.org's Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org.

I'm sure we can do that somehow. I won't be deleting the actual files
from my machine, so if it takes a little time to figure out, that's ok.
(Lala, the space is insignificant )
    I'm asking for Wayback to archive page by page

Entering every url manually sounds ... incredibly painful.

I hope you're using the glenngould.org url? Are you starting with the
original 1996-2009 archives (http://glenngould.org/f_minor/threads.html)
or the newer archives (http://glenngould.org/pipermail/f_minor/)?

    but if you have a better idea, please let me know.

https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/115369 shows a Unix pipeline
to do it. If it still works, I could run that on the server. (I expect
it will also require to delay for some seconds between each upload, or
they will start rejecting the uploads.)

I guess the wayback browser extensions would at least make the
page-by-page approach a little easier.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wayback-machine_new/

That's what I've got for right now. Got to get back to preparing the new
server :) ... --best, karl.